Pretty Poison Mushrooms on Porch

Pretty Poison Mushrooms on Rotten Porch Rail
Pretty Poison Mushrooms on Rotten Porch Rail

My goodness! Well, not exactly goodness. These popped up over two days. Last year there was one mushroom growing out of the rotting wood and cracking paint of the rail on the steps up to my portion of this old house. One of my mushroom hunter-gatherer brothers warned that mushrooms growing in those conditions are inedible, most likely poisonous. They’re pretty, though I noted last year that none of the local critters touched the one on the rail and it eventually disappeared with time, rain and wind. This year … there’s three. See the little baby?

And baby makes three
And baby makes three
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s